10 Things You Can Do Right Now To Stop Distraction
This post may include affiliate links.
Here are 10 things you can do right now to stop distraction!
- Turn email notifications off on your phone (89% of us use our phones while we’re working 3)
- Put your phone in the other room so you can hear it but not reach it
- Turn your wifi off (if you’re work lets you)
- Download FocusMe a website blocker to stop you from using Facebook etc. on your laptop
- Make sure your in a comfortable environment (i.e. uncomfortable chairs do not equal productivity)
- Bring snacks and water (so you have no excuse to leave your working space)
- Block time out for your task! Even just an hour to make sure you stay focused
- Try with or without music (for some people it’s great and for others its distractive)
- Have a do to list to add things you might think about while you’re working – instead of doing it right now!
- Set a goal for the time you’re working (and remember to keep them small)