This post may include affiliate links.
Are you starting a blog and having trouble getting started? Or maybe you’ve started and haven’t had much traction? With so much information on the internet it can be hard to find something that really works. So we’ve done some research to see what’s the best blogging course to get you started. Here’s what we’ve found.
Elite Blog Academy (EBA)
This is the most comprehensive blogging course online at the moment.
First a bit of background.
This course was created by Ruth Soukup from Spending Less & Living Well.
She started her blog in 2010 and has since become one the most popular finance blogs online. She gets more than 1 million followers a month.
Ruth is now a bestselling author. All from her blog!
What is EBA all about?
Her main message with EBA is to “eliminate the overwhelm”.1.
So what makes this best best blogging course to get started with?
The amount of content this course has!
Elite Blog Academy breaks down blogging into multiple units.
It looks at every area from your main message, how to make good content to social media and creating your first product. Nothing is left out!
YOU’RE AN AMBITIOUS BEGINNER
Perhaps you don’t yet have a blog or online business, or maybe you’ve just started one, but you want to establish a solid platform so that you can write a book or launch a product. Elite Blog Academy can help make sure you are starting on the right foot with a firm foundation, and help you create a loyal audience of raving fans (and customers!)2.
To give you a more precise idea on what exactly you can expect from the content, her website gives you all the answers!
(This information is directly from her website)
- Overcome the destructive cycle of comparison by embracing what makes YOUR platform unique and therefore marketable.
- Eliminate blog confusion by creating an organized framework that sets the stage for everything you do.
- Master the four essential strategies to creating blog content that gets noticed and shared.
- Discover the secret to harnessing the most powerful free marketing tool in the world.
- Understand what is not working in your current monetization model and instead develop concrete goals and a solid plan for achieving them.
- Dramatically increase your site’s passive income by mastering the four key strategies of optimizing ad network revenue.
- Take advantage of the critical—but often ignored—connection between SEO and ad revenue.
- Stop spinning your wheels and instead develop new affiliate sales techniques that actually work.
- Overcome your fear of private advertising and instead learn to approach brands with confidence.
- Learn what it really takes to earn a six-figure income from your blog, then develop your own product along with a successful marketing plan to sell it.
- Eliminate time wasters and instead uncover three simple but critically important strategies for working more efficiently.
- Create a solid working business plan to take your blogging business to the next level.
Ruth constantly focuses on the fact that this course is not a race. While the website is self-paced, it shouldn’t be completed in less than 12 weeks.
You’ll also need 5-10 hours a week to spend on this course to get the most out of it.
Course Start Date
EBA is only opened for enrolment once a year in February. This year has already passed but you can join the mailing list. This lets you know when early enrolment opens.
The course comes with a cost – $797 this year.
This can seem like a lot but it provides you with everything you’ll need to get started. Hence why even with the price, it’s still the best blogging course for beginners.
Also, this is a forever fee. Meaning you’ll get access to the course forever (including any new updates).
While it’s easy to say it’s the best blogging course, it’s the results that count.
And since the cost might be a bit steep for a beginner, it’s worth checking the reviews to see the real value of the course.
We’ve searched high and wide to find reviews from real bloggers to see their real results.
Related posts to blogging:
- 4 Websites With A FREE, Amazing Resources Library
- How To Make $5,000 A Month Blogging In Less Than 12 Months
Rosemarie – The Busy Budgeter
Rosie attributes her success in blogging to Elite Blog Academy.
She went from $18 a month to $9,000 a month in 18 months (her blog was also brand new).
Her post – The Most Common Questions About Elite Blog Academy is great to get answers to all the questions you might have. She also offers advice to get the most out of the course.
Single Moms Income – Alexa Mason
This course comes highly recommended by Alexa. Her post Elite Blog Academy Review (Plus My Results So Far) goes through the course in detail.
Her results in the post are from January 2016. She also shows her traffic before and after EBA. She eventually surpassed 350,000 page views.
However her most recent income report (December 2016) shows she made $8,872.31. She also explains how EBA helped her to reach this figure.
First, I kept implementing many of the principles I learned in Elite Blog Academy and was able to keep growing my blog income until it got to a level I was very happy with. At first I was scared I wouldn’t be able to sustain it but after several months I decided blog income was steady enough for me to cut back on some of my freelance work.
She also did a long-term review of EBA (in Jan 2017). Here she talks about her results two years after taking the course.
Believe in a Budget – Kristen Larsen
Kristen is a great review for the absolute beginner.
She started her blog towards the end of 2014. In April 2015 she posted her first income report. She made $61.83. By October 2015 she had quit her day job.
Within 6 months of taking EBA she made $13,000. You can read all about it in her post Elite Academy Review Is It Worth It?
She has also a section of Q&A’s at the end of the post.
Since taking EBA, Kristen has also released her own product Pinterest Presence and created her own Pinterest management company.
Elite Blog Academy – The Best Blogging Course To Get Started
With many more reviews both on the EBA website and the few we’ve listed here, it’s easy to see why EBA is rated so highly.
It has endless amounts of content and offers an exact step-by-step guide to blogging. This is what makes it the best blogging course to get started.
While it does come with a cost, most reviews say it’s worth it.
It is a course that involves a lot of determination and hard work. So make sure blogging is for you before you invest in it. It does require a big time investment too.
If you’ve completed EBA & have any feedback please let me know in the comments below 🙂 Would love to hear!